I love books! In this post, I share with you 41 of the best books to improve your leadership and life. I have learned so many important lessons about leadership, business, entrepreneurship, and life from the pages of the best books. Within this post, I share the best books by category. If you are interested in learning more about each book, click on the hyperlink to the book’s page on Amazon.com.
The Best Books To Improve Your Leadership and Life
The best way to become a great leader is to learn the best habits of great leaders. Once you learn their habits, you can actively do what they do as it is applicable to you in your situation. Here are some of the best books on leadership.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You by John C. Maxwell
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Leading with Integrity: Character-Based Leadership by Alan Kolp and Peter Rea
- Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel by Alan Loy McGinnis
Identify your Strengths and Weaknesses
Before you know how to improve, you must know where you need improvement. You can know where to improve by identifying your strengths and weaknesses. There are several books and even tests that specifically address how to find your strengths. Some of the best books to identify your strengths are:
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow by Tom Rath
- Entrepreneurial Strengthsfinder by Jim Clifton
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry
- Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham
As a leader, your time is extremely valuable. Therefore, you must make the most of every minute of every day. Here are some of the best books that helped me learn to use my time more effectively.
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) by Timothy Ferriss
- The 10X Rule:The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
- The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
The more you understand others, the better you relate and interact with them. When you have good interpersonal skills, you can create positive long-lasting relationships with others. Below are some of the best books to help you learn how to understand and influence others.
- How to win friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life And Business by Charles Duhigg
- Tell to Win: Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story by Peter Gruber
- The Power of Body Language by Joe Navarro
Whether you are starting an online business, a business out of your home, or opening up another type of business, the books below will help you identify your target market and create a business to meet their needs.
- Will It Fly? How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don’t Waste Your Time and Money by Pat Flynn
- Platform: Get Noticed In A Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
- ME 2.0: 4 Steps to Building Your Future by Dan Schawbel
- The Digital Handshake: Seven Proven Strategies to Grow Your Business Using Social Media by Paul Chaney
- The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Some people just know how to think strategically, but for most people it is a learned skill. When you think strategically, you can effectively anticipate and plan for the future moves of your competitors. You are also able to make good decisions for your benefit. These are some of the best books that will give you all you need to start your journey as a strategic thinker:
- Thinking Strategically: The Competitive Edge in Business, Politics, and Everyday Life by Avinash K. Dixit and Barry J. Nalebuff
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Art of Strategy: A Game Theorist’s Guide to Success in Business and Life by Avinash K. Dixit and Barry J. Nalebuff
Whether you are conveying a point to a family member, coaching a coworker in their new role, buying a product, interviewing for a job, or trying to close a deal, you are always negotiating. Negotiating is an everyday part of life. These are some of the best books to help you learn how to negotiate to get the most out of every aspect of life.
- Getting More: How You Can Negotiate to Succeed In Work and Life by Stuart Diamond
- Never Lose Again: Become a Top Negotiator by Asking the Right Questions by Steven Babitsky and James J. Mangraviti Jr.
Ever since I was little my dad has always said, “It doesn’t matter how much money you make, what matters is how much you save and where you put your money.” These are some of the best books to learn the principles of true wealth and financial freedom. These are some of the most valuable books I own!
- The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime by MJ DeMarco
- The Millionaire Next Door by William D. Danko and Thomas J. Stanley
- Rich Dad Poor Dad — What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Multiple Streams of Income for a New Millennium by Robert G. Allen
How do learn to be successful? You find those who are successful and learn what they did to become successful! These are some of the best books to learn principles that successful people live by to attain their success. Check them out to start (or continue) your journey to success!
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful by Marshall Goldsmith
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About A Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- OUTLIERS: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
On average, positive thinkers have more friends and are in better moods. They also enjoy better health and have a longer life expectancy. These are just a few of the benefits that come from positive thinking. These books help you learn how to cultivate a positive attitude so that you can be happier and life a happier life.
- Broadcasting Happiness by Michelle Gielan
- The Positive Dog by Jon Gordon
- BLINK: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Have you ever felt like you were wandering through life without a solid plan? If you have, then this is the book for you! These are some to best books for you to determine what you want out of life and then create the plan to get that life.
- Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want by Michael Hyatt
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed To Transform Your Life Before 8AM by Hal Elrod
Feel free to let me know below what you think of the books listed above in the comments section below.
In addition to the books listed on this page, I have written other posts about good books. For those other post click here.