There are many of great steps you can take to improve your leadership and life. Within this Leadership Done Right tools and recommendations page, I will share must-have tools/products I have created, top books that every leader should read, and business and website resources I use on a regular basis.
Before I get into the specific Leadership Done Right tools and recommendations, I want you to know that I do not take recommendations lightly. I only recommend Leadership Done Right tools and products I use.
Leadership Done Right Tools and Recommendations
Become The Leader You Are Meant To Be
Most great leaders go through years of training before they obtain greatness. That training involves trial and error, organized classes, and on-the-job-training. They also often go through challenges, trials, and difficulties that mold them into great leaders.
Becoming a great leader is not something that happens overnight. However, you do not have to make mistakes other great leaders have made to be a great leader. You can learn the principles that great leaders live by and start living by those today. There are leadership principles you can implement right now to become a better leader.
The purpose of this eBook is to teach you some of the basic leadership principles so you can start becoming a great leader now. In this eBook, I share my experiences with you so you don’t have to make the same mistakes I made. My goal is that after reading this eBook you will be on your way to becoming a great leader! I hope you enjoy!
Get Your Free Copy Of My eBook
My Favorite Books That Will Improve Your Leadership and Life
I have learned so many important lessons about leadership, business, entrepreneurship, and life from the pages of good books. Within this section I share my favorite books by category. If you are interested in learning more about each book, click on the hyperlink to the book’s page on Amazon.com.
The best way to become a great leader is to learn the best habits of great leaders. Once you learn their habits, you can actively do what they do as it is applicable to you in your situation. Here are some great books that I have learned from.
- The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You by John C. Maxwell
- The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John C. Maxwell
- Start with Why by Simon Sinek
- Leading with Integrity: Character-Based Leadership by Alan Kolp and Peter Rea
- Bringing Out the Best in People: How to Enjoy Helping Others Excel by Alan Loy McGinnis
Identify your Strengths and Weaknesses
Before you know how to improve, you must know where you need improvement. You can know where to improve by identifying your strengths and weaknesses. There are several books and even tests that specifically address how to find your strengths. Some of the top rated strength finder books are:
- StrengthsFinder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow by Tom Rath
- Entrepreneurial Strengthsfinder by Jim Clifton
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry
- Now, Discover Your Strengths by Marcus Buckingham
As a leader, your time is extremely valuable. Therefore, you must make the most of every minute of every day. Here are some books that helped me learn to use my time more effectively.
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich (Expanded and Updated) by Timothy Ferriss
- The 10X Rule:The Only Difference Between Success and Failure by Grant Cardone
- The Productivity Project by Chris Bailey
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
The more you understand others, the better you relate and interact with them. When you have good interpersonal skills, you can create positive long-lasting relationships with others. The books outlined below help you learn how to understand and influence others.
- How to win friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do In Life And Business by Charles Duhigg
- Tell to Win: Connect, Persuade, and Triumph with the Hidden Power of Story by Peter Gruber
- The Power of Body Language by Joe Navarro
Whether you are starting an online business, a business out of your home, or opening up another type of business, the books below will help you identify your target market and create a business to meet their needs.
- Will It Fly? How to Test Your Next Business Idea So You Don’t Waste Your Time and Money by Pat Flynn
- Platform: Get Noticed In A Noisy World by Michael Hyatt
- ME 2.0: 4 Steps to Building Your Future by Dan Schawbel
- The Digital Handshake: Seven Proven Strategies to Grow Your Business Using Social Media by Paul Chaney
- The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field by Mike Michalowicz
Some people just know how to think strategically, but for most people it is a learned skill. When you think strategically, you can effectively anticipate and plan for the future moves of your competitors. You are also able to make good decisions for your benefit. These books give you all you need to start your journey as a strategic thinker:
- Thinking Strategically: The Competitive Edge in Business, Politics, and Everyday Life by Avinash K. Dixit and Barry J. Nalebuff
- The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference by Malcolm Gladwell
- The Art of Strategy: A Game Theorist’s Guide to Success in Business and Life by Avinash K. Dixit and Barry J. Nalebuff
Whether you are conveying a point to a family member, coaching a coworker in their new role, buying a product, interviewing for a job, or trying to close a deal, you are always negotiating. Negotiating is an everyday part of life. The books below teach you how to negotiate in every aspect of life to get the most out of life.
- Getting More: How You Can Negotiate to Succeed In Work and Life by Stuart Diamond
- Never Lose Again: Become a Top Negotiator by Asking the Right Questions by Steven Babitsky and James J. Mangraviti Jr.
Ever since I was little my dad has always said, “It doesn’t matter how much money you make, what matters is how much you save and where you put your money.” The books below teach the principles of true wealth and financial freedom. These are some of the most valuable books I own!
- The Millionaire Fastlane: Crack the Code to Wealth and Live Rich for a Lifetime by MJ DeMarco
- The Millionaire Next Door by William D. Danko and Thomas J. Stanley
- Rich Dad Poor Dad — What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Multiple Streams of Income for a New Millennium by Robert G. Allen
How do learn to be successful? You find those who are successful and learn what they did to become successful! These books will help you learn principles that successful people live by to attain their success. Check them out to start (or continue) your journey to success!
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There: How Successful People Become Even More Successful by Marshall Goldsmith
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- The Go-Giver: A Little Story About A Powerful Business Idea by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- OUTLIERS: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
On average, positive thinkers have more friends and are in better moods. They also enjoy better health and have a longer life expectancy. These are just a few of the benefits that come from positive thinking. These books help you learn how to cultivate a positive attitude so that you can be happier and life a happier life.
- Broadcasting Happiness by Michelle Gielan
- The Positive Dog by Jon Gordon
- BLINK: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
Have you ever felt like you were wandering through life without a solid plan? If you have, then this is the book for you! This book helps you determine what you want out of life and then create the plan to get that life.
- Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want by Michael Hyatt
- The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed To Transform Your Life Before 8AM by Hal Elrod
Leadership Done Right Recommendations
Virtual Meetings — GoToMeeting
Whether you are meeting with your team that is spread out a wide geographic area, meeting with new customers, or holding any other meeting, GoToMeeting is one of the best online meeting platforms available. GoToMeeting allows you to hold virtual meetings as a conference call with everyone seeing the same computer screen and it allows you to do video conferences with high quality HD video and clear audio. By using GoToMeeting you can greatly reduce travel costs, build better relationships, and most of all get more done by using your time more effectively.
Virtual Webinars — GoToWebinar
You may be wondering, “What is the difference between a virtual meeting and a webinar?” Well there is actually a significant difference. A meeting is a direct interaction one on one or between a group. A webinar, on the other hand, is more like an online conference where there is usually one presenter and many listeners or audience members.
Within a GoToWebinar, you can create not only have a good webinar, BUT a GREAT webinar! GoToWebinar allows you to present and engage with your audience. You can provide a live video stream to your audience and present as if you are there in person. You can also share your screen with those who you present to. Here are some of the many features available through GoToWebinar:
- Email Automation — Create custom email invitations, confirmations and reminders – or let GoToWebinar handle it with our automated email templates.
- Custom Branding — Display your company logo and custom image on all webinar materials.
- Practice Settings — Rehearse your presentations and keep unwelcome surprises to a minimum.
- Audience Interaction — Create up to 20 polls before the session or on-the-fly. Add up to 20 questions to a survey and engage your participants with Q&A.
- Handouts — Share valuable content and keep your company and brand top of mind long after your webinar ends.
- Mobile Support — Schedule a new webinar, edit an upcoming session or track performance – all from your iOS or Android device.
- Recording — Expand your reach by recording your webinar — including audio — to play back later.
- Multiple Presenters/Panelists — Hold on to your audience’s attention with more than one presenters and panelists.
These great GoToWebinar features allow you create a fantastic webinar.
Website Email List — AWeber
I use AWeber.com as my email list platform. AWeber’s biggest strengths are their analytics related to subscribers and email auto responders/follow-up email series.
To break it down a little more, AWeber’s analytics show you everything you could possibly want to know about your email subscribers. Here are just a few of the analytics available through AWeber:
- List Opens Over Time
- List Clicks Over Time
- Daily New Subscribers
- Weekly New Subscribers
- Monthly New Subscribers
- Ad Tracking – Subscribed
- Countries of New Subscribers
- State, Countries of New Subscribers
AWeber also allows you to create series of email responses for new subscribers. That allows you to share your best information with new subscribers in a sequential organized manner. You can also create multiple opt-in forms so you can create multiple lists applicable to each of your appropriate audiences.
There are many great Leadership Done Right tools and recommendations on this page! I have read and/or used all of them and they have been very beneficial. Please come back to this page regularly as I will continually be adding new tools to this page!