Hello, and welcome to the Leadership Done Right Podcast, Episode 45: Entrepreneurship, Public Speaking, and Other Great Tips to Improve Your Leadership with Vinny Tafuro.
Get to Know Vinny
Our guest has held a variety of leadership positions and is currently the founding president of Conscious Capitalism Florida Chapter and the Author of Corporate Empathy and Unlocking the Labor Cage.
Leadership in Economics
Not only that, he is a pioneering advocate for the twenty-first century economy, disrupting society’s most rigid institutions and beliefs. His economic theories explore the societal and economic shifts being catalyzed by corporations as a result of technology, corporate personhood, and evolving human cognition.
I met him through the husband of my previous guest, Meg Zampino, and am very excited to have him on the show. Our guest today is Vinny Tafuro. Vinny, welcome to the show!
The Speed Round
- Who is the one leader you look up to most and why? One thing I try to live up to and live by is I don’t have a single leader that I look up to and try to live up to. There is something valuable to learn from everybody. And another thing is that there is something to learn from everybody. I really like the idea of leadership and mentorship with the idea of finding leaders as sharing with as many people as you can the lessons and learning.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Ask questions, stay curious, and keep trying many things.
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? My really strong ability for a long term view. I can get side tracked by curiosity but I still have a long term vision.
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? Start with Why by Simon Sinek and Everybody Matters by Bob Chapman. Start with Why is the theory and Everybody Matters is the application of the principles taught.
- On a light-hearted note, what is your favorite hobby? Right now I am making furniture and other things out of old pallet wood, so carpentry.
Connect With Vinny Tafuro
What’s the best way to connect with Vinny?
One Final Question
If you could go back in time and give yourself advice when you first started your leadership journey, what would it be and why? Be more patient and it will all work out. It is hard to be patient, but it is good.
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Leadership Done Right Podcast. If you would like to listen to the next episode of this podcast, please subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or whatever other podcast platform you use. You can also check out the full list of episodes and platforms with this podcast at LeadershipDoneRight.com/LDRPodcast.
I would like you ask you a special favor. If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, I would really appreciate it if you go to iTunes to write a review of this podcast with your feedback. I read every review and will do my best to make this show the best it can be based on your feedback. That will also increase the visibility of this podcast and help other great listeners like you to hear about it.
Thanks again for listening! My goal is to help you become a great leader, now go be the best leader you can be!