Hello, and welcome to the Leadership Done Right Podcast, Episode 53: Eight Leadertypes in the White House with Cash Keahey.
Hi friends, I am really excited about today’s episode! We have the author of the book, Eight Leadertypes in the White House. As we talk, we discuss what the eight leader types are, how he came up with them, and why he chose U.S. presidents as his focus for this book.
I’ll let you know right up front that this is a slightly longer episode, but stick with it through the end because he shares some great insights all the way to the end. Without further ado, let’s get to the episode!
Get to Know Cash Keahey
He earned a bachelor’s in marketing as well as his MBA from the University of Houston.
During his 23-year professional career, he gained a diverse background in corporate cultures and was exposed to many leadership styles. He learned the relationship between leadership and culture.
Additionally, he has facilitated leadership workshops in 20 countries on six continents. He has helped leaders visualize and better implement the fundamentals of leading.
I am honored to have him on the show today. Our guest is Cash Keahey. Cash, welcome to the show!
Eight Leadertypes In The White House Discussion
Cash and I discussed the following questions and topics.
- How did you come up with the idea of the eight leader types?
- Let’s talk about the leader types:
- Prudent – a stabilizing, conscientious guardian who leads with information and practicality
- Proactive – an action-oriented realist who leads with a sense of urgency and pragmatism
- Innovating – a pioneering, transformative catalyst who leads into the ‘new’ with inspiration
- Visionary – an enigmatic, inventive prophet who leads with prescience and purpose
- Inclusive – a caring, self-deprecating servant who leads with values and empathy
- Persuasive – a tactful, collaborative influencer who leads with dialogue and encouragement
- Take Charge – a delegating results-oriented driver who leads with principles and conviction
- Independent – a resolute, self-reliant thinker who leads with clarity and critique
- Why did you decide to focus on U.S. Presidents to create your leader types rather than leaders in business or another walk of life?
Connect With Cash Keahey
What’s the best way to connect with Cash?
What a great interview that was with Cash Keahey. I really enjoyed the thorough explanation he gave on why he wrote the book, how he came up with the eight leader types and why he chose U.S. presidents for his focus.
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Leadership Done Right podcast. If you would like to listen to the next episode of this podcast, please subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or whatever other podcast platform you use. You can also check out the full list of episodes and platforms with this podcast at LeadershipDoneRight.com/LDRPodcast.
Thanks again for listening! My goal is to help you become a great leader, now go be the best leader you can be!
How to Subscribe?
If you subscribe, you will automatically get every episode. Please use the links below to subscribe to the podcast: