Get to Know Lisa
Our guest today is a freedom coach. For more than 25 years, she has developed and led sales organizations of 10,000+ motivated entrepreneurs across the world. She has also held a variety of positions in management.
The Start of the Journey
She began this journey to be present in her children’s lives. And, what began as a way to make a supplemental income, soon outgrew her husband’s corporate income, and he partnered with her on their international enterprise.
Helping People Succeed
As a top leader and business coach, she loves helping people succeed and reach their goals. She and her husband focus on specifically helping people each year so they too are successful.
In addition to her business experience, she was also a fundraiser and volunteer for Hearts Together for Haiti. She helped the group donate toiletries and school supplies to people in Haiti.
I connected with her through LinkedIn and have been able to tell from our discussions that she has a wealth of experience and knowledge. I am honored to have her on the show. Our guest today is Lisa Giammalva. Lisa, welcome to the show!
Developing People by Leading by Example
“In our business, no one is an employee. Everyone is an independent contractor. So being a leader over a group of people that doesn’t have to listen to you is our biggest challenge. You can’t fire anyone here. You share with people what they have to do, but they truly have to have their why locked in. And then our job is really just to be examples that they can follow.”
“Servant leadership is very important to us!” Lisa explained that leading by example is key to them because they have to show others how to get what they have by setting a good example. “If you want to get what I have, you have to do what I did! What we DO, gets us the results we’ve gotten!”
Personal Development is Key
“If people are working on themselves, harder than they work on their craft, you’re always going to be one of the top people. Working on yourself first is the most important thing you can do!”
Go Back to Basics
“Often the more we know, the more confusing things get! We need to go back to the basics! Dial things back and focus on simplifying things. Don’t complicate things.”
The Speed Round
- Who is the one leader you look up to most and why? Tony Robbins, Zig Zigler, Dale Carnegie. All these leaders exude confidence and energy that is magnetic and it moves me.
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever received? Get out of your head. Use the five-second rule: When you have a great idea, start counting… 5, 4, 3, 2, 1… then do something towards accomplishing that thought! Take action!
- What’s a personal habit that contributes to your success? Get up early, work out, do yoga, and eat good clean food.
- If you could recommend one book to our listeners, what would it be and why? Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell. Embrace your failures, learn from them, and keep moving forward!
- On a light-hearted note, what is your favorite hobby? Walking my two dogs, doing yoga, going to good movies, love eating out, and going to good restaurants!
Connect With Lisa Giammalva
What’s the best way to connect with Lisa?
- Phone number: 760-604-1962
- Website: worldgnhelo.us
One Final Question
If you could go back in time and give yourself advice when you first started your leadership journey, what would it be and why? You already have the power. You already know what you need to know, just go do it! Believe bigger, faster! You got to move.
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Leadership Done Right Podcast. If you would like to listen to the next episode of this podcast, please subscribe on iTunes, Stitcher, or whatever other podcast platform you use. You can also check out the full list of episodes and platforms with this podcast at LeadershipDoneRight.com/LDRPodcast.
I would like you ask you a special favor. If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, I would really appreciate it if you go to iTunes to write a review of this podcast with your feedback. I read every review and will do my best to make this show the best it can be based on your feedback. That will also increase the visibility of this podcast and help other great listeners like you to hear about it.
Thanks again for listening! My goal is to help you become a great leader, now go be the best leader you can be!