In this podcast, we’ll discuss leadership theory, practical leadership, leadership in the news, leadership and personal development, and many other topics related to leadership. Additionally, I’ll interview leaders from a wide variety of backgrounds, so we can learn from their experiences. In the interviews, we’ll discuss how they became leaders, some of the challenges they went through, lessons they learned, and leadership principles they live by. In today’s podcast episode, I want to start by talking about what it means to be a leader. So, what do you think it means to be a leader? Well, for me leadership starts with the following six qualities:
- Inspire others
- Creates direction
- fairness and straightforwardness of conduct
- adherence to the facts
- freedom from pride or arrogance
- courteously respectful
- adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.
- Example and reputation precedes every leader.
- I’ll go through the remaining 3 points after this short break from our sponsor.
4. Sets Goals
- SMART Goals
- Specific – Specific goals explain exactly what you want to do and how you are going to do it.
- Measurable – When a goal is measurable, it is quantifiable.
- Achievable – Achievable goals are challenging and force you to stretch but they are not beyond reach.
- Relevant – Goals should be relevant to your current purpose.
- Timely/time-bound – Goals should have a specific deadline. If you set goals without a deadline, you will most likely fall short of accomplishing them.
- Set SMART Goals
- Have confidence in:
- Your purpose
- Those who put you in your spot to do what you are doing
- Use your confidence to influence others as a leader.
Thank you for listening to this episode of the Leadership Done Right podcast and reading the show notes. If you would like to hear the next episode of this podcast it will published on Leadership Done Right. You can also subscribe to this podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or whatever other podcast platform you use. You can also check out the full list of episodes at LeadershipDoneRight.com/LDRPodcast.
I would also like you ask you a special favor. If you enjoyed listening to this podcast, I would really appreciate it if you go to iTunes to write a review with your feedback. I read every review and will do my best to make this show the best it can be based on your feedback. Your reviews and feedback will also increase the visibility of this podcast and help other great listeners like you to hear about it. My goal is to help you become a great leader, now go be the best leader you can be!
How to Subscribe?
If you subscribe, you will automatically get every episode. Please use the links below to subscribe to the podcast: